Friday, May 13, 2011

What I Liked About this Class

My favorite thing about this Comm41 class was that it was online and like many students, it gave us free time to blog whenever we wanted, and read/study throughout the week for homework assignments and tests. I learned a lot of Critical thinking throughout this semester by reading the many chapters that our professor assigned, which were really interesting. Who knew that everyone could relate to some of these concepts in daily life? I also liked working in groups because it allowed us to learn more about different concepts and allowed us to make new friends. My least favorite thing about this class was that if we did not understand a specific concept, we couldn't have the teacher explain it thoroughly in person. However, I know we have office hours, but it doesn't feel the same as having an in-person class, and actually having the teacher provide examples or participating in class activities. One thing that can be improved is maybe giving out smaller homework assignments where we could match key terms with the definitions.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I also liked the fact that class is online because I didn't have to wake up and get up early in the morning to attend class like I do for my other classes. I also liked the fact that we got to work with our fellow classmates for the group projects because it gave us the chance to interact and make new friends and also put the lessons learned from this class to test at the same time. What I didn't like about the class is that we had to wait for 12 hours timespan after each question to answer another. I feel like if the waiting is no longer there, the students can just finish the assignment for the week in one seating and get them over with and out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I loved that this class was an online class it was nice to be able to do what you need to do on your own time, instead of have it dictated for you. The test were extremely useful, but I felt we could have used more time because towards the end of the tests I felt rushed. I don’t know about anyone else, but maybe ten more minutes would have been great!! I loved working in groups as well, but it would have been nice to work with new people as well to try to get to know the majority of our classmates. I forgot to mention that we did not really have the teachers explanation in person. That would have been nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is funny how similar our group turned out to be because it is so much more fun when commenting on blogs. I agree with your likes and dislikes, especially the office hours. there is such a huge difference between emailing and face- to- face communication. i hope you enjoyed the group projects as much as I did! it is fun knowing we are all friends on FB now so we should all keep in touch and who knows maybe we will have another online class together! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that this class being online was so convenient; not having to sit in a class or wake up super early is awesome. I really liked that we were able to do things on our own time despite the fact that we had to turn in blogs in 12 hour intervals. And I agree that having an online class makes things difficult when were are having trouble trying to comprehend concepts or terms. Before we even met the people in our group, I was having some trouble and I didn't really have anyone to ask. So in those cases I wish we had a class so we can express our questions to each other.

    ReplyDelete

Followers