Monday, March 21, 2011

First & Second Course Assignment

I think that the second course assignment was more helpful than the first one because assignment two had a lot more to do with learning and using the concepts that we have already covered in the book.. Assignment #2 gave me a better understanding of the concepts mentioned in Epstein's text since my group mates and I had to identify examples from real life from an organization. The second course assignment also allowed my group and I to analyze a certain organization and the importance of the organization. My group and I worked on an organization called PETA, which is an organization that is against animal cruelty. I have actually never heard of the organization before until this assignment. The website has many images and videos that show how animals are horribly treated. After analyzing and researching about PETA, it really helped me understand that there were certain fallacies in the organization.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the second assignment. I felt that it was extremely useful and made us think about the concepts that we learned. This was a fun assignment because it allowed us to go into depth about certain organizations. This assignment made us think or analyze the organization and makes us use the skills that we have received in this section. I felt that my group was pretty good as well we did the American Red Cross Association. It helped my group in participating because we were able to break it down to parts and start analyzing to make sure everyone knew the concepts. Overall I enjoyed this assignment more then the first because we had a little bit of freedom to be creative with pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree too. The second assignment was a lot more interesting and useful than the first. The second assignment was more in depth when it came to the concepts. Our group decided to analyze the American Red Cross. I researched some of their articles on earthquake safety and it was cool to see all the other things we should do in disasters.

    I hear you on the PETA thing. There are many fallacies in their organization. They like make people feel bad for eating meat or wearing something that came from animals. But really thats their own views and should keep them to themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Groupmate! :)

    I agree with you that there was more researching involved in the second assignment. I think assignment one was just more about our opinions, but it also allowed us to use what we learned about fallacies and such to analyze the article. I think it also depends on which part of the essay you had because I think your part dealt a lot more research with the book and applying those concepts into the writing. I haven't written my blog for this topic yet, but I was going to choose assignment one just because I thought it made us think and argue more, but I guess reading this one, I will reconsider.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, I just wanted to point out that I did the fallacy section in the second assignment too! Also, I found that the second assignment was more useful than the first. The second assignment was more relatable to the things that we may encounter in our future careers and life. I agree that this assignment gave the class an opportunity to explore the real life organizations that are out there who do many different things. Some focus on health and the well being of others such as the American Red Cross. By the way, this was my topic. And others may focus on animal like your organization.

    ReplyDelete

Followers