Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mission Critical

What I liked most about the Mission Critical website was the part where I participated in. When I clicked on the answer to the question, it explained why I would choose that certain answer and why it was either correct or wrong. When I answered the questions, I was able to find out if it was the right answer or wrong answer, which I find really useful. It helps me A LOT when something is analyzed and explained in further details. I thought that the Mission Critical website was quite useful because it had a lot of information about the key concepts our class has covered throughout this semester. The website was well-organized and convenient as to clicking the links to read something I was interested in reading. However, I felt like everything was kind of blended in together, like the colors of the hyper-links were hard to read while there were multi-colored bullet points.

4 comments:

  1. I thought that part was interesting as well. But the thing i thought was the most useful to me was when the website gave a list of arguments and when clicking on them it gave explanations for it. I liked how the website called the appealed to pity a sob story because it is true. This website did have a ton of useful information and key concepts that we have discussed in our communications class. I also agree this website was extremely organized and easy to navigate. Everything flowed within one another and easy to understand. Overall I liked this website as well. It is useful because it uses concepts we have gone over in class and in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely understand what you are trying to say about the explanation after answering the questions. It definitely helps when they explain the answers and then you start analyzing your answer. Sometimes on tests or quizzes, most teachers would just pass it back without explanation which answers were right. That way doesn’t really reinforce what you have learned nor does it help you study for the next exam. I must agree that the website was pretty outdated looking and sort of tacky. I think if the Communications Department updated it, it would be probably be more attractive for students and easier to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mission Critical website did, agreeably, do a tremendous job in illustrating informatively their reasoning for every answer, whether right or wrong, in their provided questions and examples. It was really nice that they gave information and good reasoning as to why it would be ideal that someone would choose that particular answer, and followed it with what would be considered the better, more fitted response.
    I agree that there was so much going on the webpage that it was hard to really differentiate between all the links because of all the color. I also agree that I find it's better that they gave reasons why the answer's wrong because one is, indeed, able to more efficiently learn the material. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree with you in that the Mission Critical website was most helpful in that we were able to participate and interact with it. I think that being able to put the concepts we learned into actual use made them a lot more understandable. They also provided diagrams for some concepts or ideas and explained a lot of them in detail, which I also enjoyed. It was very organized using headings and subheadings. I do wish that the website was more modern looking because when I first saw it, I didn’t even want to read it because it looked very basic with the plain font and different colored hyperlinks.

    ReplyDelete

Followers